Caring for your pet during Covid 19
Updated 8 Sept 2020
We are continuing to do all we can to ensure our team, our clients and our community stay safe. We are maintaining our stringent hygiene measures with surfaces being cleaned regularly. Our team members are frequently washing their hands and / or using sanitiser, and may wear a mask when they greet you. All appointments and visits are logged into our computer system allowing us to keep a record for tracing purposes if required.
We are also continuing with the following precautions;
- Clients and staff are asked to stay home if they are unwell or have been in contact with anyone that has been unwell. If you are awaiting a Covid test result and your pet requires urgent attention please do not come to the clinic. Telephone us and we will try and organise a plan.
- To comply with government regulations, we are limiting the number of people allowed in our practices. On arrival at the clinic you may find the front door is locked. You may be asked to remain outside. We ask that only 1 person per pet attends the appointment. Please maintain 1.5m distance from staff members and other clients and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- For those clients who are elderly or have underlying health concerns and are therefore classed as vulnerable, we are happy to collect your pet from your car and return them to you afterwards.
- Please continue to call ahead (48hrs notice) to order any medication, food or preventative products your pet requires. This will reduce the amount of time you need to be at the clinic. If you are vulnerable please call us when you arrive at the practice to collect your order. We will process payment over the phone and bring the products out to your car.
- For those clients that require visits to a property for horses and other large animals we ask that you comply with social distancing guidelines and give our veterinarians space to work. Also, to reduce the time they need to spend on your property, please have animals ready for examination & treatment. Please minimise the surfaces our staff need to touch and practice good handwashing as far as is practical with the facilities you have available to you.
- We are still seeking to minimise cash handling, and payment is preferred by eftpos or credit card where possible. We acknowledge that some of our clients may be have been affected financially but respectfully remind you that we are not in a position to extend credit. We do offer VetPay to help spread the cost of treatment – please see www.vetpay.com.au for further information.
Thank you again for your continued support over the past few months,
Andrew, Chris & the team